Saturday, July 7, 2007

Was It Really Vacation?

We are back from vacation in Old Orchard Beach, Maine and we are all well rested. It didn't start out that way. We were all very sore from the three days of exercising with our trainer. We later found out that she had us doing very advanced moves for filming purposes. Personally my body and mind were so exhausted. I didn't realize how tired I was until I went vacation. We arrived on vacation dragging our feet we were so sore. I felt like I was tired for the first third days of vacation even though I slept good. One of the producers came up to shoot us supposely for one hour a day for two days of vacation. WRONG! He filmed us Sunday afternoon until Sunday night. Then we had a 14 hour day on Monday. We were playing a bean bag tossing game Monday afternoon when out pops, yes you guessed it, the trainer. We were more surprised to see her on vacation then the day we first met her. What the hell was she doing on our vacation and how did she get here. Let me answer the first question first. She was checking up on us. She checked the refrigerator and found nothing but fresh produce and fruit. Whew, I am so glad that we were sticking to our diet (and we did for the whole vacation too) because if she found out we weren't then she was there to make us work out. She said she had spies (the producer and our son Chris Jr.) watching us and because we were doing so well she decided we didn't have to work out. She then took us on a trip. A trip to a spa called Fabu in Porland, Maine. Our trainer and I got body wraps and Chris Sr. and Cindy got full body massages. Chris Jr. decide he was going to the beach and really didn't want any part of the filming on vacation. That was o.k. but he missed the spa. Tuesday was just one hour of filming while we were doing water aerobics. Good thing the trainer and the producer left Tuesday morning or Chris Sr. was going to boot them out of the campground. Monday was the longest day yet of filming. We had our trainer picking up dog poop. She said she wanted to help us. She had a couple of firsts again; First time camping, first time picking up dog poop, and the first time ever making shishkabobs (however you spell it). The weather was not the greatest for a beach vacation but my family did find a lot of sand dollars. I think my mom and dad found 45 and my sister and her family found 43. My daughter only got in the action of finding them later in the week when the weather was bad but she found 6. Baby on the way home stepped on them and broke 3 of them. Sorry Cindy, dad didn't put them in a very good place. We are going to enjoy our next week off! Or do you think the MTV crew will pop in and show up early and see how we are doing???? We hope not. We need to live like a normal family for another week. What is normal? I am going to tell you a little each day about things on our vacation that have to do with MTV and exercising. Our big hello today goes out to Linda, the bartender at The Clam Bake. She gave Chris Sr. a stuffed toy lobster with a pink bandana. Bonnie

No comments: